Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tip-Off


So, I've decided to start a blog dedicated to the Los Angeles Lakers. It's not the most unique topic, or most interesting topic, but damnit it's something I care enough to write about. Plus, c'mon it's basketball season. I was originally thinking of starting one on pizza or hamburgers, but I couldn't imagine writing lots of thought-provoking posts about these two delicious foods.

Here are some links that I was reading that inspired me to create one of my own.

The Association
Although it's not entirely dedicated to the Lakers, it is all about the NBA. The blog is written by a guy who lives in the LA area and is obviously a Laker fan. Pretty cool blog. The writer has a good "voice" in his blog and is pretty funny. This is definitely the model I'll be looking at.

Inside The Lakers
Here is another Lakers blog I've been reading. It's VERY thorough, and in my mind a little too in-depth for the average reader. I guess it's not for the casual Laker fan, but then again I don't think there are casual Laker fans. The blog is pretty boring because it's pretty much ALL text. The dude needs to add some images, links, and/or video within his posts.

Need For Sheed
This blog is pretty awesome. Although it's a blog dedicated to a player that I really can't stand, Rasheed Wallace, it's really cool. There are lots of images, graphics (the banner that reads "Free Shee" is cool), and awesome videos. This may be the best blog I've come across. The images are what I like best. The writer has made everything in the picture black and white except for the Pistons player who is scoring, which really has a nice effect. I want to learn how to do my blog like this.

2 comments:

Troublemaker said...

I don't really know a lot about basketball, so I'll ask a nice generic question.

Why the Lakers? Do you like them because of a history of watching them, or because of a certain player, or some other reason?

Galactic Sounds said...

I do have a love for the Lakers. They've entertained, frustrated, and inspired me over the years. Plus, Kobe is the best player in the league and he's on the Lakers. What more could I ask for? Thanks for the comment.