Monday, March 5, 2007

Please, No!

There is some talk traveling around in the sports world that the Lakers are interested in signing the 41-year old Scottie Pippen. Did I mention he's 41? Well he is. If this isn't desperation on the Lakers part then I don't know what is. Pippen is apparently strapped for cash and would love to make a quick fortune (by my standards anyways), and the Lakers are trying to stay afloat in the highly-competitive Western Conference after suffering injury after injury to many of their key players.

Pros:
1) Pippen knows the triangle offense better than anybody currently on the Lakers, and second to nobody not named Michael Jordan.
2) Won 6 NBA championships with Lakers coach Phil Jackson while playing in Chicago.
3) Scottie could be a quick fix for the Lakers off the bench.

Cons:
1) He's 41.
2) He's old (41 years old).
3) He's 41.


In other Lakers news:
They lost to the talented Phoenix Suns on Sunday 94-99. I know a loss is a loss, but I have to say that they hung in the entire game despite not having Lamar Odom, Vladimir Radmanovich, or Luke Walton in uniform; while the Suns were completely healthy. Not bad. Makes you wonder what might have happened had the Lakers had a full squad.

Here's a moment I won't soon be forgetting from the Lakers-Suns playoff game last May.

2 comments:

carellano said...

I do not follow sports news, but I have noticed a growing trend in retired players trying to make a comeback. I agree that Scottie Pippen 's attempts to comeback to the NBA are due to financial reasons. Recently he was ordered to pay millions of dollars to a U.S. Banks. It should also be mentioned that many paternity claims have been made by possible baby mommas.
Have you heard that Reggie Miller is also trying to comeback, because he has never won a championship?

DANGEL said...

Scottie Pippen huh? How crazy, what type of shape is he in? Has he been playing, I don;'t think I've heard that name since he retired a handful of years ago.

Here is an article regarding the other comment about Reggie Miller. Would you prefer the Lakers take him, even though there has been no word that they are interested because of the interest from Dallas.

"The last month I've been training and playing and my body is starting to feel good," Pippen said. "I think I can still be effective. I feel pretty good. I think I can compete at a high level." here's a quote from Scottie Pippen. I don't know, in a limited role, maybe 15 minutes a game could be key.