Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ping Pong Balls

The ping pong balls, with the power to make terrible teams championship contenders, have blessed the Portland Trailblazers. They won the NBA Draft Lottery and will have the first pick in the draft this summer. They'll take Greg Oden, that hard to find "next big man." Seattle has the second pick and they'll take Kevin Durant, who I'm in love with and I think will be a superstar for years to come.

The draft doesn't get good until after that. Nobody seems to be paying much attention to anybody else in the draft. There are some really good players this year. Brandon Wright, and his freakishly long arms will be a good player, and Al Horford or Corey Brewer seen like wise choices. But.....there is one guy that I would love to take a chance on. His name is Yi Jianlian. He's a 19-year old, 7-footer hailing from China. Yes, Yao immediately comes to mind. I saw a few clips of this kid and he's smooth. He's got a shot like Dirk and can handle the rock very well for a big guy. I can't speak for a his D, but he's 7-foot. He can't be all that bad, right?

The Lakers have the 19th pick in the draft. I don't know who you'll be taking, bu I hope it's somebody with size.

No comments: